Thursday, July 03, 2008

2008 Garden - Containers Everywhere

Since I'm taking my garden to new production levels, I needed additional space for planting. I don't really want to get out the tiller and chew up more sod, deal with weeds, and all that other "making a new garden spot" work. At the encouragement and advisement of my friend Maria, I'm using all sorts of containers to make additional space happen. Here's a sampling of the various "growing ons" in my 2008 garden:


Above are pictures of yellow bean plants growing intensively in pots, cucumber plants in hanging basket pots...which will eventually be hanging, strawberries in a pot-tower, lettuce and radishes growing in an under-the-bed container, various bedding plants growing in newspaper pots in the garden flats, and pumpkins.


I planted pumpkin plants in Halloween Candy buckets. These are for selling at the market, but I think what is going to happen is I'm going to have quite the "field" of container grown pumpkins. These are the Cinderella variety! Could get very interesting.

No comments: