Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Summer Days


Thank you Lake Michican for the marvelous cool breezes that keep our little corner of the world a bit more temperate than other regions.

Being a new "cheesehead"...I am fascinated by this great big body of water. It's only a few blocks away from my house, and on windy days it "sings" with the sounds of crashing waves. I suppose some days it would be more of a roar. Other days it is quiet and serene. Being a "Westerner", the idea of that much water in one place (other than the ocean) is awesome. When I lived in Montana I was often awestruck by Flat Head Lake. The Great Lakes, however, are even more majestic. I am drawn to Lakes Superior and Michigan...thus the reason I now live nearby.

The photo on the left is of the frozen bay area in Upper Michigan - Lake Superior/Houghton area taken in January 05.

The photo at the top of the page is of Lake Michigan, taken April 1, 2005.

No comments: