Thursday, July 21, 2005

Everything But What I Should Be Doing

So its another summer day and I have a long to-do list. I think every day I have a long to-do list. I think every day I tend to put it aside and get distracted by something far more interesting. Like today, for instance, I spent time this afternoon updating my Geocities website. www.geocities.com/soozeej/index.html

As websites go, however, the updating was not complete. I know there are links down on several pages that I have created for special education teachers. The federal government is in the process of changes the rules and regulations for special education due to a change in the IDEA Statute. The problem has been that as soon as a link goes up with information, within a few days the web address seems to change and, well, down goes the link again. I discovered this while updating an on-line course in early June.

But...my topic is..well, in psych terms: "task avoidance behavior". (smile) If I was in school as an elementary student, my teacher would be quite concerned. She/he would say: "I just can't seem to keep Soozee on task." Heck, that's how I feel about me sometimes. I'll have to create a behavior management program for myself.

Tasks that I have been avoiding today are many of the typical: cleaning house, sorting junk mail (yuck),...and others like pitting sour cherries (I picked a couple days ago from the tree in my yard), weeding the garden, catching up on paperwork, and...well, cleaning house. When I sat down here at my computer several hours ago, I was telling myself how wonderful it was going to be because I thought I had the motivation to begin clearning by taking care of my home office.......ahhhh, well,...does cleaning up a messy website count? ~S

No comments: