Saturday, November 03, 2007

So Busy...So Busy

Summer has long since passed, and even Fall is moving rapidly on! I can't believe it is already Nov. 3rd, and tomorrow is my Birthday!

Everyday has been filled with lots of activity, an adventure in living. I'm teaching my Fall college courses, I'm working one day a week doing itinerant school psychology, I'm having fun whenever I can, and I'm getting training on deafblind intervener - which means a trip to Minneapolis once a month!

The biggest news, as far as I'm concerned, is that I've started doing my music again! I've created a duo: TRAVOIS! and even purchased a PA system, another guitar, numerous rhythm instruments, a djumbe drum....etc. My son, Try, also has shown me some thing about setting up a home recording studio, and so that is my next "big step". Try helped me record one song, using his equipment, to show me the hardware and procedures I'll need to have/do. I'm very excited about that...now to just fit it into the old schedule! So......I've also started maintaining another BLOG for my music...and thus this one has been a bit neglected. http://www.travois.blogspot.com/ has information on TRAVOIS! performance schedule, as well as news on things that we've already done. So, visit it to see "the rest of the story".......

The exciting Birthday news is that I'm headed to Madison, WI, for a Sunday night house concert to reconnect with my Black Hills Folk Musician friends Steve Thorpe, and Andrea Potts....not sure who else will be there. We'll be going out to the Black Hills over Thanksgiving, and I'll be playing out there in Lead on Friday, Nov. 23rd....WEATHER PERMITTING!!!!

So....that's the news. I had a "magical" summer....that has brought my life back into vibrant living. Nothing like starting out the summer catching that huge salmon...and then finishing it up with moving my music to a new level!!

~S

No comments: