Sunday, March 19, 2006

Spring Break Visitor


A friend from my UG College years spent part of spring break with me and my husband. It was a treat for me, as I hadn't seen this friend in a few years. He has been overseas working for the UN, having quite the adventure...assisting emerging governments..through his work as a graphic artist.

Anyway....his visit was an opportunity for me to break out of my usual routines and do/see some other things. The adventure began with driving in the FOG to pick him up in the middle of the night at the Milwaukee bus depot. Getting to the depot is a bit of a challenge as the Interstate highway interchanges in the downtown area are all under construction. Luckily, I sort of know my way...sort of...and so, although there were momentsof being lost, the task was accomplished. Once we arrived in my little burb, we had breakfast at a marvelous "mom & pop" restaurant that I like to frequent. Thus the visit began.

Some of the things that we did included a very brief walk along Lake Michigan...it was too chilly for my friend, who has spent the last few years in dry middle Eastern lands. We also checked out (briefly) one of the county parks along the lake shore, before taking a jaunt up to part of Door County and down along the Green Bay. We also did some driving around exploring of the city of Green Bay, specifically downtown, where we searched for some obscure bars/taverns....


(Photo here is of the frozen Green Bay-->)
The days of the visit seemed to rush by, and although we did some more exploring of local coffee houses, and interesting things around town, soon it was time to take my friend back to Milwaukee, to catch the Greyhound bus for home, and time for me to return to work following Spring Break.

Its so good to have friends come and visit! Thanks for taking the time, my dear friend Brad. It was a terrific break!

~S

2 comments:

Tree said...

Wow! Amazing you've still kept in touch with Brad after all these years! And what a fancy blog! Looks very nice and the pictures of the lakes are beautiful. Your blog name reminds me of another blog I've seen once. >_< Nice homepage, too. Appears you've grown more technical in the last 5 years, eh?

Tree said...

Wow! Amazing you've still kept in touch with Brad after all these years! And what a fancy blog! Looks very nice and the pictures of the lakes are beautiful. Your blog name reminds me of another blog I've seen once. >_< Nice homepage, too. Appears you've grown more technical in the last 5 years, eh?